Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 October 2007

20 Reasons Why You Are Special (NOT Baked Beans!)

Ok, here it is! No, it's not a can of baked beans, but it is a can that had baked beans in it!
I thoroughly cleaned the tin (after eating the baked beans..) then covered it with bright PINK corrugated card! Then I used some die cuts from my Cuttlebug machine (frog & butterflies) & stuck them to the pink card. Then I made 20 little cards in different colours. Using my tiny Word Hearts embossing folders I embossed each card with a different heart. There are 5 cards of each colour.
Inside each card I wrote a special message ie: why you are special to me... (I wrote 20 different messages).
The most "challenging" part was making the lid! I finally got it right! :-) I cut out a circle of pink corrugated card the same size as the top of the tin. Then I hot glued a pink rim to the circle. Yes!! It fit perfectly! Then I glued a tiny ceramic teddy bear to the lid so it would be easy to open the tin. I added gold glitter to the frogs as well as wobbly eye's. (Where would I be without those wobbly eye's?!!) Today was one of those 'slow to get going' days, so this is my lot for the day! (I think..) See above photo for another view of the tin. Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!