Total Pageviews

Tuesday 13 October 2009

Westiegirls C.A.T. (Chatter And Talk)

We have mice in the house. It's official. The fur-kids have seen them & even played with them..."Ro-Ro" even tried to drown one in his water dish - here's how the story unfolds..
I am wandering aimlessly down the supermarket aisles, (I have all day because there have been NO buses running for a week & my neighbour is picking me up anyway and what an angel she is) shopping trolley weaving drunkenly all over the place because the right front wheel only wants to go RIGHT but I want to go LEFT! (And by the way, WHO designs these dam things anyway?? Some BLOKE that has never actually had to push one round the supermarket??)
Anyway, I made it round the first aisle but turning LEFT into the next aisle was a challenge for sure. After colliding with the "Fruit Loops" a couple of times (No Fruit Loops were injured in this stunt!) I actually made it to the CAT FOOD aisle! (The fur-kids favourite aisle!) After loading up with tins of cat food ( I had more cat food in my trolley than human stuff and you should have SEEN the look the check-out chick gave me!) I spotted some oh-so-cute-tinsel-coloured MICE! Little tiny ones that I just KNEW the fur-kids would love...so they were added to my already full-of-cat-food trolley!
Upon arriving home laden down with heavy bags I opened up the packet of mice, and with glee & joy written all over my face 'cause I thought the mice were really cute, and a couple of "wahoo's" I threw them up in the air for the fur kids to play with. (My neighbours hear me but they "understand" and have stopped calling the men in white coats..)
"Bella" sniffed the air and then politely asked if she could go outside because she had things to do & promptly run off down the backyard somewhere. Birds I thought, she's after the baby birds, so I let her out. (That cat is SO polite I swear if she had to swear at me she would be SO apologetic about it!)
"Ro-Ro" did like the new mice & managed to almost drown one in his water dish - another "tidal wave" story, & water splashed all over the floor. But he was enjoying the mice - all six of them in bright shiny colours! Within 2 minutes he had bitten the tail off one, eaten the eyes off another (Dear God PLEASE don't let him get sick 'cause the vet bills are sooooooo expensive & that's good money I could be spending on my rubber addiction..you know the story God.) and lost two under the fridge.
Now, getting DOWN on the floor is ok but I have arthritis in my hips, so getting UP off the floor is a challenge, but I managed to get his mice for him - he was a happy little Vegemite then!
Some time goes by & the groceries had been un-packed & put away where they should be lunch had been eaten, and I thought to myself, "Ro-Ro" is very quiet I wonder where he is? (He's an inside boy for now so doesn't go outside) I checked his favourite hiding spots & finally found him asleep in his little pink slipper bed (It's PINK & looks like a slipper & yes, he IS a BOY!) with a mouse in his paw!
How cute, I thought, & bent down to kiss him. He just loves his NEW mice!
On closer inspection I discovered it wasn't one of his oh-so-cute-and-tinsely-mice I had just bought, it was the FUR off an old mouse that has no 'body' just a bit of fur!! The new mice had been left on the floor in a sad looking tail-less-eye-less-oh-so-cute-and-tinsely heap! What?? It was an outrage!!
Anyway, it was about this time I spotted "Bella" out the window, looking very intently at "something" down the garden path. She would look back at me then look at whatever it was on the path. She did this several times & I got the message, "Mom, come & see what I'VE got for YOU"! So off I trot down the garden path..in bare feet as usual..
There lying belly up about ten feet in front of "Bella" was the biggest fattest DEAD RAT I have ever seen! Not that I've seen alot of dead rats, but..
By the look on "Bella's" face I think she was saying, "Hey Ro-Ro, MY mouse is bigger than YOURS!!" Oh gross, I was nearly sick - what a waste of lunch THAT would have been! "Bella" looked very pleased with herself but thankfully did not go near the rat or touch it. Wise lady that one!
Yukk, I had to bury it & I HATE those things but I did manage to dig a hole in the garden & bury it. Can you believe I actually felt sorry for the rat as I buried it??! I put a heavy rock on top just in case one of the neighbours cats tries to dig it up.
Dunno why my fur-kids can't stick to "normal" oh-so-cute-eye-less-tail-less-tinsely-mice from the supermarket...maybe I'll have to play with them...watch this space...

1 comment:

  1. You really crack me up! I just wonder what that grocery chick was thinking!!! They're not going to start calling you the cat lady are they? I don't think that would be so bad. Better that than the mouse lady!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!