Total Pageviews

Tuesday 27 October 2009

Westie Girls C.A.T.



I had a bit of a "senior" moment last week..I put my Christmas tree up!! Oh yes, I know it's a bit early but I had nothing better to do that afternoon...
It took ages, it's about 7 foot tall & I had to stand on a ladder to decorate most of it because I'm, well, short!
The two Purrito's, "Bella" & "Ro-Ro" were fascinated, so much so it sent "Ro-Ro" up the walls, across the table, under the table, up the walls & over the chairs. All in two bounds. (He's very well practised!) "Bella" observed from a short distance, getting close only to let me know that "Santa" was hanging on a very drunken angle - very observant of her!
Anyway, I FINALLY got the tree all decorated & in place, I think I lost six pounds in weight it was so stressful! UP the ladder, DOWN the ladder...pass me this...pass me that...no-one did of course, I had to do it all myself!!
This is "Ro-Ro's" first Christmas & his first Christmas tree.
After hanging the last piece of tinsel I stood back to admire my handi work & my last words to the Purrito's were, "Don't climb the tree, ok?!" I then started chopping vegetables for dinner, checking every so often to make sure the tree was still in place - it was, so far!
A few minutes later I hear the tinsel being well, tinselled & I looked round but could only see "Bella", whose eyes were as big as saucers!! She was staring up at the Christmas tree & I just thought, 'oh how cute, she likes the tree'...biiiiiig mistake!! A second later this oh-so-cute black & white face pops out of the middle of the tree & winked at me!!! Right at that moment "Bella" say's to me, "Hey Mom, the Christmas tree is alive"!! By now the tree is shaking & shivering like a wobbly jelly & "Bella" has run off to hide under the bed!!
It was "Ro-Ro" IN the Christmas tree, 3/4's of the way up it, hanging off a branch!! Dropping the very sharp knife I was holding (chopping vege remember!) I grabbed the nearest thing - my camera & shot this photo! He was very pleased with his climbing expertise & he just loves tree's & climbing! I managed to purr-suede him to get down (I couldn't grab him as the tree was too prickly!) by offering him a cat treat - he now thinks the more often he climbs the tree the more treats he gets!! A few bits of tinsel fell off the tree but other than that, no Purrito's were injured in this stunt! (Bella took her time coming out from her hiding place, she'd had enough excitement for one day!)
HOWEVER... 48 hours later it was a very different story...read on if you can stand the suspense...
The time was precisely 12.01 just past midnight & I was on the verge of becoming comatose with sleep - that much craved & often sought after luxury that I don't get near enough of...and I heard KEERRAASSHHH!!!
Oh God I thought, "Bella" has fallen in the toilet!! (Seriously! We are doing Litter Kwitter toilet training & are just onto the second stage & I thought the dish thingie had fallen off the loo...you know the story..) Leaping out of bed & trying to focus on finding the light switches & not tripping over anything because in my haste to I did not have time to put my glasses on, I run-trip-stumble through the entire house finding to my great relief that "Bella' was safe & had NOT fallen in the toilet at all, (thank God for that,that cat litter makes one hell of mess when it tips on the floor!) I discover the Christmas tree lying on the floor looking very sad & well, bent out of shape with branches everywhere except where they should have been!!
Coloured balls that once went round & round & up & down now lay in a heap on the carpet (thank heavens I didn't get that gorgeous sexy Italian marble stuff I wanted on the floors - I just got a gorgeous sexy Italian instead!!), whirly twirly things that once spun round in the wind were now rolled all over the lounge room floor glistening in the moonlight not looking quite as sparkly as they had while on the tree.
"Santa" was hanging upside down with his great big red butt in the air looking drunk - too much egg nog I presume!
The two Purrito's were no-where to be found!! Finding my glasses & all the right light switches the house lit up like, well, a...Christmas tree!! Yep, Christmas stuff everywhere!! What a sight & what a mess!! And there I was in my pajama's looking at it all wondering if I was in the middle of some sort of crazy nightmare/La-La land/Disneyland or some other planet where weird things happen!!
"Bella" came to have a look & looked at me as if to say, "what did you do to the tree, Mom?!" "Ro-Ro"? Yes, "Ro-Ro" was a little harder to find, until I checked under the bed, there he was squished up against the wall scared witless!! He had got one heck of a fright, but that's what happens when you climb the Christmas tree in the middle of the night!! And remind me again...why did I put the Christmas tree up so early??? I'll get back to you on that one! For now the tree sits in the living room looking very sad & bent with no decorations on it. "Ro-Ro" has recovered from his fall/fright & still checks out the tree twice a day but hasn't (yet) climbed it again!
I'll let you know when I am mad enough to put the tree back up again...this time it will be tied to something solid just incase someone wants to climb it again...
Thanks for visiting, I haven't blogged for a bit as I have had an upset stomach:-(
{{HUGS}} from me & the two Purrito's - "Bella" & "Ro-Ro"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!