Total Pageviews

Monday 9 November 2009

I Went To A Stamp Class!





By chance I went to a stamp class on the weekend & here is some of what we did! I didn't know I was even going until the last minute! Threw some 'basic' stamping stuff in a bag, grabbed some (equally basic - long boring story) food & off I went with my friend Helen! The class was held at Stamp & Create in Milford which is owned by Judi Davis. You gotta go there it's an awesome shop!! Shame it is so far away from where I live:-(
Yo Dawson from Crafting Around was demoing some Christmas cards using stickers & this gorjuss card called Caribbean something or other, yummm it is niiiice! The other cards she demoed were some yummy black & white cards. On the first card the pudding has foil on the icing & the card is made using the Caribbean card. The green side bit is cuttle bugged. The second card with the baubles is done using the Versamark Dazzle ink pad & I stamped a big stamp that has sort of 'cracked' lines on it. Then I brayered over the top using my Capuccino Kaleidocolor stamp pad. The baubles were stamped in Stazon ink onto some clear acetate then cut out & stuck to the card using ultra tiny dots of sponge tape. The smaller bauble was just a cut out of card & I used a circle sticker around it. I added sticker chains to each bauble. Lastly I added the curves of chain which just gives the card a different look. I used a dark iridescent brown card for the base card. Oh yes, I added some glitter to the bauble:-)
The green card is done using the same technique as above but using a crackle stamp as background. Once again I have used gold star stickers on acetate.
This class was serious FUN! We did alot of stamping, laughing, (shopping, of course!) & eating as well a bit of 'gossip'...my lips are sealed:-) On top of a whole day stamping I ended up spending the next day at Helen's doing more stamping! A marathon 48 hours but fun! I know I will do it again sometime!! Thanks for visiting, {{HUGS}} from me to you:-)

2 comments:

  1. So glad to know you are having fun stamping again. Good for Helen. I saw your comment on Curts blog. Hope he visits you. These cards are lovely. I will have to study them closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kiddo! Love your blog! These cards you made in stamp class are super beautiful! I also love all the sweet pictures of your cats! LOVE the captions you used for some of them! You captured the look with those captions perfectly. Great stuff. Thanks so much for visiting me too. I'm honored. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!