Total Pageviews

Friday 16 May 2008

The Cat In The Hat # 2!



I just LOVE these CITH stamps! (I love the books too!) Some time ago I bought a set of TCITH stamps from the local stationary shop. Sadly they are (were!) foam mounted & not very deeply etched at all. So when I stamped them I ended up with black lines around him. Not a good look for TCITH!!
Today I decided I had to "do" something so I could stamp him without getting extra bits around him. On goes my "thinking cap". (Did you see the glow from the lightbulb when it went on??!) I put the stamp in the microwave & CAREFULLY, so I didn't melt him or blow him up (messy stuff!) I 'cooked him for 9 seconds at a time, until I was able to peel him off the foam!
Then I CAREFULLY cut around TCITH getting as close as I could without destroying him & I cut off the excess rubber. Then I (temporarily) stuck him to a spare acrylic block & STAMPED him WITHOUT any extra lines around him!! Yippee, now I can stamp him to my hearts content! I cut out an oval shape using my nesties & then cut out a red scallop oval & stuck him on to that, then onto a cream coloured card. I put a strip of red card in the center of the cream card first. I also went around the edge of the card with my scorpal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!