Total Pageviews

Monday 26 May 2008

All That Jazz...











Ok, here's what I did last Friday! Not exactly stamping, huh!
My awesome friend Mirjana came over & asked if I could make ten center pieces for her tables for her Jazz themed party which was on Saturday night! Yeah sure, says me, thinking, oh boy, what have I let myself in for, I know NOTHING about Jazz??!!
Anyhow, early Friday morning we went SHOPPING! We decided on a black & red colour theme & then found these cute bowler hats! Add red & black feathers, some red rose (fake ones!) petals & a bag of glittery stuff & we were done!
I spent Friday afternoon punching holes in the hats & sticking some red & black feathers in. I also added a red/gold brad just to hold the feathers more firmly against the hats.
I punched out some black stars to mix in with the red rose petals & they were DONE!
While I was in the middle of doing all this, "Bella" ( my gorgeous fur-child!) jumped on the table & run off with the whole bag of black feathers & hid behind the sofa! Luckily most of the feathers stayed IN the bag! She LIKES feathers!
Apparently, as I have just heard, the hats were VERY popular!
It was alot of fun & yes, I'd do it all again!! Even though I did end up sneezing my head off...too many feathers! I also made the three cats (mine & Miri's 2 Birmans) some 'feather' toys, which they all adored & had fun with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!