Total Pageviews

Saturday 3 February 2018

"Stampin' Up!" Mini Treat Bag


This is one of the mini treat bags I made recently.  I decorated it with a butterfly (SU punch) and stamped some words as well on a strip of white card.  I also made  a card to go inside the treat bag, and stamped "Have a sunshine day!" on it.  I added some tiny pink hearts punched from the  SU owl punch.  There is a piece of white card on the back to write on.  The treat bag fits easily into a standard size envelope.  No extra postage required:-)

Here is a closeup of the butterfly and words.  Below is the card that goes inside the treat bag.  I made my card just a single sheet of card, but you can make it a folded card if you like.  The choice is YOURS!

Below is  a half finished card I made using some Lavinia Stamps I have.  First of all I used a piece of water colour paper and lightly sprayed it with a fine mist of water.  I actually used warm water as I find it gets a better effect.  (Or maybe I'm just nuts?!)  Then I carefully dropped tiny amounts of powdered inks onto the card.  I swished the colours around with a wet paint brush.  I left it to dry then lightly sprayed it with some "Lindys Stamp Gang" Gold Cactus spritz.  Hard to see the gold in this photo but IRL you can see it more:-)  I will re-post it sometime because I want to add some sparkle to it with my gel pens.  I hand drew a fine black  around the edge.  I used a fine Rotring drawing pen for this. I cut the stamped card using one of my stitched square dies I got off ebay, then layered it onto pink then turquoise card and hand cut the corners.  I will no doubt adhere it to a white card to complete it.  Look for it in a future post!

It has been a wet but warm day here today, so I thought I would do a bit of crafting:-)  Thanks so much for dropping in:-)  Have a SUNSHINE day!
{HUGS} from me to YOU:-)


2 comments:

  1. You’ve been so busy with your crafting and blogging! I love the magical look of the background on the fairy card - the powders were perfect for that! It’s been a chilly few days here. Right now it’s about 11 degrees F, which is around -11 degrees C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little treat bags are so cute and I think it would be great to have a stash of these on hand for those special occasions that creep up on you or that you just find out about.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!