Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 February 2018

Changing Colour!



These paper flowers were white when I bought them.  But I wanted PURPLE ones!  To colour them I spritzed them with a fine spray of water until the flower was quite wet.  Then I dropped some "Snap Dragon" (Purple colour) "Radiant Rain" ink onto the flower.  After that I added some "Perfect Pearls" powder "Sunflower Sparkle". (Gold colour) For the flower on the far left of the photo above, I used "Pink Azalea" coloured "Radiant Rain" as well as the "Snap Dragon" ink.  I also used some "Ken Oliver" powdered ink in "Orchid", which is a kind of purpley (new word for the dictionary!) pink colour. After I had finished with the colours I left the three flowers to dry in the sun.
 Above is a closeup of one of the flowers.  I've had these inks and powders for some time but have never really used them.  So now  have taken them out of my drawers and dusted them off and coloured some flowers! I want to make a card with purple flowers on, and of course, all the flowers I had were the WRONG colours - isn't that typical?!
The hardest part was getting the ink of my fingers after I had finished! 
Thanks for dropping in, have a SUNSHINE day!
{HUGS} from me to YOU:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!