Total Pageviews

Tuesday 6 February 2018

Little Red Box!

 This is one of the 99 boxes I bought yesterday - see the post below.  I decided to cover it with some red and white dotted paper.  And below is what it turned out like!


And here are the steps to show you how I did it.  First of all I lay the box on the paper, right side down.  I then carefully 'rolled' the box and drew a pencil line around the box as I went.  Then I cut around the outside and got this shape, below.  I allowed and extra couple of inches for the end so the paper overlapped so there was no gap at the beginning.


I spread some glue (glossy accents) onto the box and placed it on the paper.  I did this on each section until I had covered the whole box.

And here is the box completely covered!  It didn't take long from start to finished.

I cut out a strip of plain card for the handle and covered it with the red an white paper.  

I made holes at each end of the handle and attached it to the box using two gold heart brads.  It isn't quite finished as I want to add some lace or something around the top edge of the box, and maybe the bottom edge as well.  I went through my boxes of 'stuff', thinking I have plenty of lace, flowers etc to use, but NOTHING was right!  It was either the wrong colour, or the flowers were too big, to small, wrong shape...so I left it like this in the end!  I will try to find something at the $2 Shop tomorrow so I can finish it.  I want it to be a Valentines gift basket!  And once it is finished I will post it here!


Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day! 
{HUGS} from me to YOU:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!