Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 November 2015

I Learnt A New Technique!

I made this card using my Stampin' Up! Woodland Textured Embossing Folder.  I learnt this technique (inking the inside back of the folder, the bit where the words are) from this lady.  (check out her awesome blog!)  I just love the different effects you can get by using different strokes, swooshes and dabs of ink!
 I used different blue Brilliance inks, going from dark for the top, to a lighter blue at the bottom.  I was going for the "snowy" effect!  I cut a strip of white card with my curvy cutter thing and put it at the bottom of the card to look like a snowy hill.  I 'painted' some clear Kindyglitz all over it to make it look like sparkly snow!  I added some cats in various colours (this card is for a friend of mine who owns a Cattery, so she will love it!), plus some angels and stars.
You can see the angels up close in this photo.  I cut them out of glitter card from the $2 Shop.  I get a lot of things from there as they are so cheap!  I used my SU Banner Framelit Dies to cut the banners and stamped (SU again!) "Merry Christmas" on it.  What you can't see, is the sparkly lines around the tree's. I used my clear gel pen to do this.  There's also some clear, sparkly stars on there  too.  
I also did this technique and stamped (in black) on the back of the folder after I had swooshed, sploshed and dabbed on the colours I wanted.  Woohoo!  So much fun and so awesome!  You gotta try it!
Okay that's me for now, thanks for dropping by, {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to try this. It looks wonderful. And I like that you used your scraps for bookmarks. Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!