Total Pageviews

Sunday 28 October 2018

From Take Away Cup To Tissue Holder!

I saved my take away paper cup and lid that I had used, washed it out and dried it, and re-purposed it into a tissue holder!  I used a strip of burlap to go around the cup, and used a hot glue gun to stick it to the cup.
 Then I cut a hole in the lid.  I pierced it with some scissors and trimmed it to the size I wanted.  (Above)  I punched out a large daisy shape that fit perfectly onto the lid, and punched a hole in the center.  I then glued it to the lid.
I put two reasonably heavy sinkers into the cup then put the rolled up tissues in and pulled them through the hole in the lid.
As you can see, it makes a great tissue holder!  If you use Wet Wipes in the cup, place them in a small plastic bag when you put them in the cup.  This will make sure the cup doesn't eventually go soggy and fall apart!  Of course, if that happens, you'll have to go and buy another take away hot drink!  
If you don't have any sinkers, a small solid rock or pebble will work.  This is just to give the cup some weight so it doesn't fall over when you pull the tissues out.  I just used bits I had on my desk, so it was  quick and simple to do.  These would make great gifts and you can decorate them however you like!  Enjoy!
Thanks for dropping in, have a SUNSHINE day!  HUGS from me to YOU:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!