Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 October 2018

Christmas Card and Blackbird

I just finished making this card this afternoon.  I placed a slightly smaller oval die than the one I stamped the words on, in the center of my white card, and lightly traced around it in pencil.  (The pencil marks don't show when the card is complete.)  Then I stamped some various tree branches and flowers around the penciled oval.  I used various coloured stamp pads.  I also cut out a few leaves in shiny gold card. (They look BROWN on here!  Oh no!)  I stamped the words on the white oval then attached the the cut out leaves.  This oval is slightly bigger than the pencil one, as it covers the pencil line I drew. I then stuck the stamped oval onto the card using some sponge tape to give it some height and dimension.  I lastly added some bronze coloured sequins and a splash of glitter to the tiny red flowers.  I also put three drops of clear Nuvo Crystal Drops on the stamped oval.  The gold card is really shiny in real life, but photographing it was a challenge!  The card may not be your typical Christmas card, but I like it:-)
The following three photos are some I took of Mrs. Blackbird picking up some Sunflower seeds to take back to her nest of babies.  I have to buy more seeds now as they have eaten the ones I had!  She is a lovely soft brown/grey colour, and I have noticed that in the sunlight she is more grey, but in the shade she is a soft brown colour. I think she is gorjuss:-)

She has seeds in her beak in all three photo's.  She was a busy bird!
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)

1 comment:

  1. I love the Christmas card! Great tip about tracing a smaller oval so it's easier to place your stamped images. Lovely pictures of your blackbird. I have to get more birdseed soon, too, although most of mine has been eaten by squirrels and chipmunks.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!