Total Pageviews

Tuesday 2 October 2018

A Nest of Baby Blackbirds!

Well, what I thought was a nest of baby Thrushes, turns out to be a nest of baby Blackbirds!  I have seen the mother going in and out of the nest and she is definitely a Blackbird!  I feel blessed that they let me get close to take photo's:-)  This one, below, even hopped out of the nest to have a closer look at me!  I obviously passed the test because he let me carry on taking as many photos as I liked!
The nest is about four feet off the ground, and well hidden from cats.  I've been feeding them some cat food, and Mrs. Blackbird supplements that with lots of bugs she finds. 
 It rained last night, but I doubt the babies even felt it.  With the mother bird protecting them, as well as the thick bush, they probably stayed dry.
I have a headache, and my eyesight is not good because of having a cataract growing over my eye.  I wish they would hurry up and get it fixed because it's getting harder to see to do my craft work.  I struggle to see things clearly.  Pain in the you know what!
Anyway, thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!