Total Pageviews

Friday 12 October 2018

New Cards, New Stamp Sets!

I had a busy day yesterday, but still managed to make a couple of quick cards.  The card above was made using the stamp set below.  I ordered the matching die set at the same time I ordered the stamps, but I'm still waiting for the dies to arrive.  I contacted the seller and am waiting to hear from them.  The Christmas trees (above) have some dots of clear Nuvo Crystal drops on them just to give them a bit of texture.  A quick and easy card to make!

The card above was made using some Stampin' Up! stamps.  The little "With Love" banner was from a pack I bought from the local $2 Shop.  I used Blackberry Bliss card stock and ink, as well as Orchid Opulence ink.  And I sneaked in some bronze coloured sequins too!
I stamped some words on the inside of the card, and they are from the stamp set below. 
As I said, I had a busy day yesterday.  I took two big shopping bags full of stamps, stamp pads, glitter and other old stamping stuff in to the Starship Childrens Hospital here in Auckland.  They were things I no longer used.  There were about 14 old SU stamp sets, as well as other stamps.  Plus about 14 old stamp pads.  They still had plenty of ink left in them.  I had donated stamps etc to the Starship Hospital a few years before, and they are so grateful for them.  When I was a child and in and out of hospital all the time, there was no Children's Hospital like there is today.  I know how lonely, boring and scary it can be when you are in hospital and unwell and have nothing to look forward to, except the next blood test:-(  
The stamps etc that I took in yesterday were really heavy and I had to carry everything in my shopping trolley!  There was no way I would have been able to carry them without the trolley.
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!