Total Pageviews

Saturday 6 October 2018

More Christmas Cards!

I've made some more Christmas cards during the week, using my cat stamp and dies.  I used my water colour pencils to colour the cats this time.  This is the first time I have used water colour pencils, so it was a learning curve for me!  I like the results:-)

 The Giraffe card below was fun to make!  He too was colured with water colour pencils. I sponged some Butterscotch ink on the bottom part of the oval, and then stuck the Giraffe on.  The card under the oval was also sponged with Butterscotch ink using a stencil I have.  The Giraffe stamps and dies is a "My Favorite Things" set I found on Ebay.  (I paid $8 for them which included postage!)

Below is Mrs. Thrush about to help herself to some banana I put out for her. She has babies up in my Camellia tree.  I sat out in the sun, on a chair and waited for her to come down.  I had been watching her from inside the house and decided to go outside to see if I could get a photo of her.  I didn't have to wait long before she came back for some more banana.  I'm hoping to eventually see her babies as well!  Watch this space!
A week or so back I dislocated my new hip, but luckily it went back into place immediately.  I had tried to lift something way to heavy and felt and heard the joint dislocate and go back in. My hip has been painful ever since, but is slowly improving. At the same time, I injured my neck, and that too has been  painful ever since:-(  I've had a headache every day for the last eight days, and I think it is because I have a cataract growing over my eye and I can't see clearly. I have tried to get in to have it fixed but the hospital said I don't fit the criteria (??) and so they won't do it.  It's SO annoying because while I am still making my cards etc, it is very hard to focus because I have double vision.  I can't not make cards, it's in my DNA to make cards!  I would go nuts if I couldn't do my craft work.  I need to get my GP to ask again at the hospital to get the cataract removed.  It is driving me crazy not being able to see clearly:-(
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!