Total Pageviews

Saturday 14 March 2020

Pumpkin Anyone?!

 
I have this patch of garden that is in the shade mostly, and doesn't really have much growing in it.  I always throw my vegetable and fruit peelings in there and it eventually turns into wonderful compost.  Several moths ago I threw some pumpkins seeds from a pumpkin I bought, in there.  Just threw them in, didn't dig them in or anything.  That area has had very little water because we are in the middle of a serious drought and haven't had rain for ages.
Anyhow, as you can see, the pumpkin seeds have grown into several vines, and are producing pumpkins! 

 There are lots of bright yellow flowers on the vines.

 And below is the first pumpkin I picked the other day!  It was about 25 inches round, so it was a decent size.  I added some other vegetables and cooked it in my slow cooker.  OMG it tasted so divine!!  It was nice and young and tasted so sweet!  I have some left which I will cook later.  And I will return the seeds to garden so I can keep growing them!
But wait...there's more!  I am also growing...bird seed!!  Not intentionally, but because I feed the wild birds with seeds, they drop it on the lawn and it is growing!  The flowers are a lovely soft pink colour.  I'm not sure what sort of seed it is, but it's doing well in my lawn!
Last but not least is a pretty sunrise photo I tool early one morning.  We usually get this at sunset but this day it was in the morning.
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)


1 comment:

  1. I love when we get volunteer plants - except for the poison ivy the birds bring. How lucky you got those pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!