Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 June 2018

A Card, A Rainbow, And Some DIY!

 I made the card using 2 stamps from an SU stamp set called "So Very Much".  Using my Stamp perfect tool I stamped "Thank You" twice to make sure I got a good ink coverage. How I ever managed without this tool I don't know!  It's my 'go to' tool anytime I use clear stamps.  I used a CTMH ink pad in "Pansy".  Strangely enough, when you run your fingers over the stamped words, it feels like it is embossed, kind of raised.  Don't ask me why because I don't know!  It is just an ordinary stamp pad, not an embossing one.  The flowers are some from the paint charts I punched out awhile back.  I added some sequins and the card was done.
 This rainbow above was one of four I saw, the others were a little more pale than this one.  The tall tree on the right is what is left of the tree that came down on my place in the storm back in April.  It's on a neighbours place but overhangs onto my place.  It's coming down completely on June 27th...watch this space!  
Above and below is one of my Big Shot Plus platforms.  It's severely buckled and no matter how I used it, it was getting more buckled.  After trying to flatten it in some hot tap water, or putting something heavy on it to keep it flat, it was not going to straighten:-(  
It was going to cost me over $60 for a new set of two plates, and that is a lot of money for me.  So I made my own plate!!!  I had a large sheet of acrylic at home, so I measured it and cut my own plate!!  Yes, one side IS crooked, but I don't care, it still works perfectly!!  The piece of acrylic I had was a smidgen (think 1 millimeter at the most) thicker than the original plate, so to use it in my Big Shot Plus, I took out the "A" plate and used the other one that is used for embossing, and everything works perfectly!  I can die cut and emboss with ease...and I SAVED MYSELF OVER $60!!  Woohooo!  I used a hacksaw with a fine blade to cut the acrylic plate to size and it was hard to control the saw, so I got a bit of a wobblyly edge on one side.  But it makes no difference to me, it works fine.  
I had a Cuttlebug machine for many years, and I only ever bought new plates once.  I've had the Big Shot Plus for about 16 months and one plate has already buckled.  I have kept the buckled plate as it can still be used if necessary.  It's just that it is buckled quite badly and I find it more challenging to use.  Anyway, that's me for now!  Hope you are having a SUNSHINE day!  Thanks for dropping by, {HUGS} from me to YOU:-) 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the new stamp tool is so handy. And so are you making your own plates. I've had the same problem with my plates. Some are warped so badly but I still use them. They're not as expensive to replace here, but I guess I'm so frugal that I'll keep using it till it cracks - or until I get too frustrated.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!