Total Pageviews

Saturday 3 August 2024

Let Me Light Your Way!

Ok, so this card was done quickly, to see if I knew what I was doing! A practice run, you could say! Looks like I did know what I was doing, by the photo below! Yes, it has tiny lights! 

Did you see the word "Press", and did you press it?! Well done, you made the card light up! These are mini LED Lights I got from a local craft store here in NZ. I learned a few things along the way in making this card. Next time I will make a darker sky so it appears that it is night time when the lights go on. I will also measure my two layers of card stock and trim it to size before I layer it on to the black card stock. The front of the card is on sponge tape and my cutters (I have a few different ones) had 'issues' because the sponge tape was too thick for them to cut. I cut the frame by hand in the end, because it worked! Anyway, I am stoked that it actually worked, and it wasn't hard to create at all. Once you've stamped your images, you then punch small holes (3) where you want the lights to be. Then you tape the lights so they peek through the holes you've punched. I have other mini LED lights, and these have ten lights...that's going to be a project for Christmas me thinks! And hopefully by then all my aches and pains will have been resolved! (I hope The Universe heard me!)  Today it's not very warm at all, about 9c right now. My right arm/elbow is very painful and I think the icy cold temperature is making the pain worse. Just taken my 2nd dose of Paracetamol, so fingers crossed that gives me a little bit of relief. Feel free to ask any questions! Ok, that's it for now, thanks for dropping by! Have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!

 

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Sunshine! I love the lights! I've thought about trying lights on my cards, but I always wonder if the card recipient will keep the card or toss it. (Normally I don't mind either way, but I don't necessarily want to put in the extra time/cost if it will just be tossed.) But I know a few people who've said they save my cards so maybe I'll give it a try sometime. Thanks for the inspiration! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special card. Glad that it worked out so well for you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!