Total Pageviews

Saturday 10 August 2024

An Act of Pure Selfishness.

 I've just been to my local Pharmacy to pick up some meds I needed. While waiting, an older guy comes into the pharmacy, mask hanging off his face, and he's waving his phone in the air saying, "I've got Covid and you told me to call you from OUTSIDE the Pharmacy"!! He was standing right beside me, and when I heard what he said, I moved away. The assistant (whom I know personally) freaked out and told him in no uncertain terms, to leave the pharmacy immediately. He stayed where he was and repeated that he had Covid and was told to stay OUTSIDE the Pharmacy and to call them from OUTSIDE. By now other customers had left the Pharmacy, and I was also heading out the door too. The assistant once again told him to LEAVE the Pharmacy IMMEIATELY.  He finally left and went outside. For someone like myself, who has virtually no immune system,  and who has been hospitalized hundreds of times due to  infections, coughs and colds, I was feeling really angry and annoyed at this guys selfishness. I eventually got what I needed and left the Pharmacy. The annoying this is, I was in the Pharmacy for at least another 12 minutes while they got my injections etc I needed, and their phone never rang. That means this guy never called them. What the beep?? The assistants in the Pharmacy were not happy with him and apologized to me and said they hoped I was safe and didn't contract Covid from him. They know me well and very aware that I have virtually no immune system. I have done very well in avoiding Covid so far, and have spent months in isolation when Covid was at it's worst. I self isolated at home and had people do my shopping and drop it at my door for me. It wasn't an easy or fun time for me, and I felt very isolated and not seeing anyone for months at a time. So to have this selfish ignorant guy to do what he did and expose everyone in the Pharmacy to Covid, is just beyond my comprehension. So yes! I am feeling rather disappointed in his behaviour, and angry. Not to mention feeling anxious that I may have been exposed to Covid.  If you believe in the power of prayer, please pray for me! I am not religious, I am very spiritual and believe in the power of prayer.

Sorry this post is not my usual! Thanks for dropping by! Have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self and shine bright each and every day!

P.S...I have some new stamps... :-)


1 comment:

  1. That was indeed selfish. I will be praying for your health.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!