Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 August 2024

Just Dabbling!

I made the bookmark above, using some water colour cardstock. I think I (almost) ruined it when I tried to outline it in pink. I grabbed the wrong pen! It was supposed to be a much lighter pink. Too late! I had to go with it and do my best to make it look ok. Not sure if I like it or not. The jury is still out! The bee's and words are from the latest Lavinia Stamps release. The bee's are called Bumble and Hum. The leaves are also from Lavinia Stamps, but from an earlier release. I used my Kuretake Real Brush markers to colour everything. Did my best to blend the colours. On Bumble and Hums wings I added some Glossy Accents. Their wings also have some clear Wink of Stella on them. I dotted some gold Stickles on the leaves. The curly its on the leaves have some clear glitter pen on, very sparkly in real life!
Above and below is a hand made book I recently purchased at the Papercraft Show I went to last month. The pages are all hand made paper, and the book measures about 7 3/4 inches by 5 3/4 inches. Not sure how many pages, maybe 50 but I haven't counted them.  I want to write small verses I have written, on each page. So far all U have done is stamp on the first page... 

...as you can see here! I bought a stamp that says, "You're The Best Brilliant Ray Of Sunshine". Each word is a separate stamps, so you can stamp them in any order. Because this stamp (almost!) matches my blog name, I added the word "Little". The sunshine stamp is one I designed some years ago. One of the local stamp companies here in NZ that I used to buy from, asked if they could use that stamp on their newsletters. Anyway that's as far as I have got with the book! Oh yes, after being possibly exposed to Covid last weekend, my test has come back negative thank goodness.  Thank you for dropping by! Have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self and shine bright each and every day!



 

2 comments:

  1. I love your bookmark — but I definitely understand the frustration of grabbing the wrong color! That handmade book is cool, and your first page is perfect. :) Glad your COVID test was negative! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bookmark - I think the pink color worked out well. I bet it will be nice to have all your verses in one place. Your title page looks perfect. I too am glad you don't have Covid.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!