Total Pageviews

Saturday 24 November 2018

Christmas Cards, AliExpress Stamp Sets, And More!

These are a couple of Christmas cards  made recently.  The one below is from a stamp set from AliExpress.  It's a Stampin' UP! set called, 'Beautiful Baubles".  I got the matching die set as well.  It was around $8 NZD off AliExpress.  Let me just explain, all the stamp and die sets I buy from AliExpress are un- branded and all are brand new.  Some people have said because they are SO cheap, there must be 'something wrong with them'.  I can assure you, there is NOTHING wrong with them, nor are they defective in anyway.  Just cheap.  REAL cheap!

 I stamped the small Baubles on the card, then on another piece of card I stamped them again and die cut them out.  I then stuck them over the top of the ones I stamped on my card using sponge tape.
Below is what I made to hang some of my clear stamp sets on.  I bought a hand towel rack for $2 form the $2 Shop and attached it to the wall.  I also bought some bulldog clips in small sizes.  I fashioned some hooks using some wire and then attached the hooks to the wire and hung it on the hand towel rack.  It's very rough - nothing fancy here - but it works perfectly!  Now I don't have to spend time rummaging around looking for the set I want.  This way I can see clearly what I am looking for.
I also made racks for my punches to sit on. 
Here below is another SU stamp set I got from AliExpress.  This one is called, "Bouquet Blooms", and I also got the matching die set with it.
Below is a photo of the SU "Beautiful Baubles" stamp set.
Below is a large 10 inch x 8 inch ceramic tile I had lying around.  I used my alcohol inks to "paint" it! I intend to paint some glasses and dishes for Christmas gifts.  After I cleaned the tile with some Rubbing Alcohol, I then sprayed the tile with hairspray.  Yes!  Hairspray!  It helps the inks spread and mix.  Then I used the alcohol inks straight from the bottle, just a drop here and there.  More hairspray and then more alcohol inks.  I think I did this 3-4 times before I was finally ok with it.  The tile isn't 'finished'.  I'm not sure what I will do with it, but I just know it isn't 'finished'.  Watch this space!
Below is a photo of "Romeo's" shadow on the floor one morning!  The sun was behind him making this shadow on the floor.  I grabbed my camera before he moved, and this is what I got!
And here is is, below, resting his head on the side of his bed!  It was a cold morning and so he had gone back to his bed to keep warm once he had breakfast.  By the way, his bed is on my art desk!  Where else would it be?!



Well it is a very wet day here today, I am hoping the rain stops later today, because the Glow Festival is on in the Village at Titirangi. They have the whole Village lit up with thousands of Christmas lights and it looks like Fairyland!  They also have lots of different entertainment going on, music, food stalls, things to buy, games for the kids etc.  The Village looks so pretty with all the lights.  I will go if the rain stops!  I wasn't able to go last year because I had only just had hip surgery and wasn't able to walk very well, let alone carry a camera and take photos!  Oh, and I wasn't allowed to get on and off buses either:-( If I go today, I will post photos of it tomorrow.
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day! {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)


1 comment:

  1. I love the bold colors on the tile, Sunshine, and your storage solutions are very creative! One thing about sites like AliExpress (I think Wish is another one): the reason the stamps are so cheap is because they are counterfeit. These companies ignore copyright laws, steal the images from the legitimate stamp companies, and then produce and sell cheap versions of the products. Stampin’ Up! had a lawsuit against AliExpress, although I’m not sure about the status of it. I know it’s hard to pass up the cheap prices, but I thought you might want to know.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!