Total Pageviews

Thursday 21 February 2008

Tutorial for Easter Baskets



Ok, here is the tutorial for the Easter Basket in the post BELOW. Yes! I did this the wrong way round, I ought to have done THIS post FIRST! Oh well...
First of all, with your square nestabilities, cut out FIVE scallop squares. With your scor-pal score FOUR of the squares as shown in photo. Cut out the corner scallop as shown in photo. (Number one) Number two = fold along the three score lines.
Number three = glue the sides together (four squares in total).
By now you will have a box shape with no bottom. Cut out the corner scallop on all four sides of the remaining square & glue to bottom of basket.
You will now have a basket, with bottom, as shown in the photo. Make a handle by cutting a long strip of matching card using scallop scissors on both sides of the strip of card. Attach to basket & add embellishments as required. In the post below I have also used my oval nesties to decorate the basket. These can also be made into boxes by leaving out the handle & instead adding a lid - another square scallop nestie. You can either attach the lid or make a little handle to lift the lid on & off with. Just HAVE FUN with them!

1 comment:

  1. i loved your idea on how to make this box ...makes me want to get the square dies now!! i seen your box on Busy becs site and came over to have a look ..well done...if youd like to see my blog go to
    http://valitasfreshfolds.blogspot.com/
    Luv Valita

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!