Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 March 2023

New Steampunk Stamps Arrive!

So my Lavinia Stamps and things finally arrived last Thursday!  Unfortunately I have some health issues right now, and have only just had the energy or inspiration to play with them. I am still not 100% well, and have little energy, and am literally taking it one hour at a time with my health. I am hoping like mad  that I don't end up in hospital.  My health issues are tricky, and can change for the worst within minutes.  Challenging.
Anyhow, below is my first card I made using the new Steampunk stamps, stencils and polishes.  The stamp of the lady is called "Zia", but I call her, "Sunshine"!  She is me at the tender age of 19!  I dressed almost identical to her at that age! So much fun! Yu can see the stamp of her face in the photo above.  I have also used some of the new stencils, and one of my new polishes.  All from L.S, except for the three real cogs. 
Here's a couple of close ups so you can see the details better. I hand stitched the gold thread oh her hat.  
The hat has sponge tape under it to give it some height and depth.  The wool I used for her hair is also from L.S.  
Hope you enjoy my first Steampunk card! When LS announced a new range of stamps called Fantasy and Steampunk earlier this month, I really didn't think I would be interested in the stamps.  Until I saw what the DT had made with them! Then it was an instant "WOW", and I was hooked! At the moment I just wish I was well and had more energy to create. Send me an email if you want to know any details of which stamp/stencil etc I have used! Right now I'm just taking things easy, and doing my best to keep out of hospital.  I am hoping I can get to speak to my Doctor some time tomorrow to get things sorted. I have to say, he's brilliant...but not available on the darn weekend!
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!


 

2 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with this - the stitching is such a brilliant idea. Wishing you better health and more energy. I know it's hard to do things when you're under the weather. Don't let it get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so happy you received your stamps - yay! This card is gorgeous. I love all the texture and details. Wow! I hope you feel better soon. Get plenty of rest and dream about ideas for all these new goodies. :) -Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!