Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 April 2018

More Storm Photos

This is the public footpath outside.  It was a nightmare trying to walk up the road yesterday, tree branches and rubbish all over the place. 
As well trying to get past the fallen tree branches, it was pouring with rain and the path was really slippery.  When I got to this bit below, I had no choice but to walk on the road.  It's a narrow two lane road right on a sharp bend.  Jot a safe place to walk.
 The gutters were full of leaves and sticks and the water had just run over the top and down the footpath.
 It wasn't a pretty sight at all!  So many trees down and so much rubbish.
This photo below is of a neighbours Oak tree outside her place.  Thankfully the branch fell away from her house and onto the grass. 
 I had a doctors appointment and had to walk there and back as I had somehow lost my bus card that morning:-(  I know it is in the house "somewhere", but for the life of me I cannot find it:-(  I have searched high and low and everywhere in between for it, but can't find it. I was forced to go and purchase another card and get the balance swapped over to the new card.  I had about $13 on the old card so that card has been cancelled and the balance has been put on the new card.  It cost me $10 for a new card and I had to put $5 on it because it takes up to ten days before the new balance shows up on it.  I was NOT a happy little vegemite!  The weather today is still really icy cold, and I am in winter clothes!  There's snow down to 800 meters not far from here which is why we are getting such a cold snap.  It went from Summer to Winter overnight when we had that storm.  Even my cats are feeling the cold and want their blankets on at night!  On top of that I have a sore throat and blocked nose, and aren't feeling too well.  I just want to go and get into my pajama's and my fluffy slippers...see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're feeling a little better. Weather is so unpredictable. We were at 39 yesterday and today at 77. Tomorrow during the day it will be warmer even but they said to expect a rapid drop in temp which always means bad weather - and on a Sunday to boot. Trees really do take the brunt of the wind. We lost a lot of branches/trees in NJ the last couple of weeks due to heavy late winter/early spring snow. They just couldn't handle it even though it melted quite quickly. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!