Total Pageviews

Friday 19 February 2016

Yippee! I'm Not "Plastered" Anymore!

 The top photo was taken this afternoon just before I went to see the nurse about the eye injuries.  As you can see I was, well, plastered! (And YES!  I have CAT'S ears on!!)
 I was very happy when the nurse said I didn't need the plasters on anymore and could go "naked"!  I just have the steri tape on the injury over my left eye. (Steri tape is in place of stitches and works well.)  I can deal with that!
It still bothers me when I see these photo's, but the good news is I am healing!  I have always been a good healer, (I usually heal quickly) so this time will be no different.  The only challenge is...the stitches are ITCHY!  Like, REALLY itchy!  I have to keep them dry, and will have them removed next Monday at 10.15 am.  This will be great!  I am looking forward to that:-)  
Frowning, sneezing, raising my eyebrows or blowing my nose is NOT an option at the moment...it hurts too much!  And I have ha fever?!  SO much fun:-(
Now, I had not heard from any of the people I complained to about not sending me an ambulance, so at lunch time I called HOME CARE MEDICAL and finally got put onto a Team Manager.  She knew nothing about my email I sent, or the photo's attached.  She took my phone number and said she will look into it and someone 'would call me as soon as possible.  A hour or so later 'someone' did call.  Another manager of some sort.  She too knew nothing of my complaint but said she would certainly look into it and send an urgent email to St. John Ambulance to let them know what had happened and see why an ambulance was not sent out to me last Monday morning.  It is now 5.20 pm and I have no heard anything more about it.  This manager said yes the RN'S there do work for St. John Ambulance taking their 111 calls, but they don't actually work from HOME CARE MEDICAL.  She said they actually work at the St.John Ambulance hub.  I am not 100% sure what this means, but I had better get some PROPER answers SOON, because I am losing patience!  I feel like there is a bit of "passing the buck", going on.
Ok that's me for today...gotta go and scratch an itch...
Thank you for dropping by, and thanks to everyone for your support:-) {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)



1 comment:

  1. Thx for all the photos. Romeo sure did a number on his mum! I hope you get some satisfaction from them. If you were in the States you would be suing. Hope the itchy part stops soon. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!