Total Pageviews

Thursday 25 July 2024

Lavinia Stamps "Bumble" and "Hum"!

I used a couple of the new Sun Bloom release stamps from Lavinia Stamps for the card above. Both the flowers and the bumble bees (Bumble and Hum) are new, oh as well as the words! The bees wings are glittery, which you cannot see on here. I used a clear Wink of Stella pen for that. The silver card is glitter card, but it isn't showing on here. Oh and by the way... watch how you say "Bumble and Hum", because if you're not careful, it quickly becomes "Humble and B*m"!! Lots of us are getting it round the wrong way! Don't blame me if you get it wrong!


The Hydrangea card above is STUNNING in real life!! I used an embossing folder with black card first. Then I used Craft Artist Fusion FX Special Effect Ink Pad in purple/blue pearl. I then used the same brand of ink pad, but in pink/grape pearl for the centers of the flowers. These inks are amazing, especially on black card! I also used the Christmas Green ink pad, same brand as the other two ink pads, for the leaves. I first saw these last year, but wasn't sure I would use them. However when I saw them at the recent Paper Craft Show, I decided to get them. They are iridescent, especially in the light or the sun. To apply the inks to the embossed image, I actually used cotton buds. It was easier than a brush or sponge because the cotton bud is smaller and got into the small embossed bits easily.  It did take awhile though! But was so worth the effort! I hope you can see the iridescence a bit in the photo.

I used a Clarity Stencil for this card above. I'm not sure if I like it or not?! I'm still in incredible pain and can barely move because of the pain. My Doctor isn't sure if it is Polymyalgia or Fibromyalgia at the moment. He has also taken me off one of my medications incase it is that causing such awful muscle pain. If the pain persists he will send me off to a Rheumatologist for tests. In the meantime I am trying to carry on with my art, but sometimes I just can't do anything. Even picking up a cup of tea hurts. Maybe I will just make a pot of tea and put a straw in the spout and drink it like that, lol! Getting dressed is a challenge, so if I am in too much pain, I stay in my pajama's all day! I think there should be an International Pajama Day every year! Okay, so enough of my aches and pains. Thank you for dropping by! Have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Sunshine, I’m sorry you’re in pain. You should absolutely stay in your pajamas as much as you want/need to. I hope your doctor(s) are able to find a solution quickly!
    That hydrangea card is amazing (and I imagine even more stunning in person)! I love the colors on the black card stock. I’ll have to keep my eyes open for those ink pads.
    Hope you feel better soon! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all for pajama days. Love the hydrangea - it really pops on that black paper.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!