Total Pageviews

Sunday 21 July 2024

Chocolate Baroque - "Gypsy Rose"!

 

I'm struggling to create anything at the moment, due being in a lot of pain from Fibromyalgia. This is the worst I've had the muscle pain ever and it is stopping me from doing pretty much anything right now.
Having said that, I have managed to create this! Another Chocolate Baroque stamp, called "Gypsy Rose". (About 5x5 inches in size) In real life she is very sparkly! Her necklace has flat back coloured gems on it. She didn't quite turn out how I wanted, but I can live with that!
I went to a two day paper craft show over the weekend, and bought this stamp plus some other bits and pieces. It was a struggle and I have paid for it as I am now in worse pain than before. I did dose up on pain medication before I went, and then again during the event, but it was a challenge. It's a once a year event, and I wasn't sure until Friday morning (1st day of show) if I was actually going to be ok to get there. I only stayed a couple of hours, then bumped into a lady I knew from years ago, who kindly drove me home! Luckily she lives close to where I live. Although it was a small event, it was really great! I met up with some of the vendors I had gotten to know from buying online from them. I had a great time in spite of the pain I was in, but I was VERY happy to get home and sink into my nice soft padded swinging chair with a cuppa! The show was only about 15 minutes from where I live, but instead of mucking around on three buses, I chose to get a Taxi. Because I am registered with the Bind Foundation, I have a Total Mobility card which means I only pay 1/3 of the Taxi fare. So it wasn't expensive at all.
When I went back to the show the next day, I called the same driver. He was quite friendly and we 'discussed' the perils of the World today, and how things have changed so much and not always for the better! I had the same driver coming home from the show. But yeah, it was two very exhausting (but happy!) days, and I can't wait to do it all again next year! Hopefully I won't be in so much pain then. I have an appointment with my Doctor this Tuesday, to see what  can take for the pain. It stops me from sleeping at night, which means I am not fully rested the next day. I have trouble getting dressed because of the pain. It has been a bit depressing at times because there are times when I  just have to rest and get off my feet a lot. Oh to have a nice heated spa pool.... (Did you hear me Universe?!)
So I haven't done much creating this last week, but I am still here! And I WILL get back to my artwork eventually! I sound a lot better than I really am in reality.
Ok, Thanks for dropping by! Have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self and shine bright each and every day!

1 comment:

  1. The image is beautifully colored - glad you got to go, but sorry about the condition you're in.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!