Total Pageviews

Saturday 22 July 2023

Late Night Brainwave


 Yay! I figured how to make this card, late last night!!  I had gone to bed and was watching TV.  All of a sudden, it dawned on me how the card was made! I wanted to get up an make the card right then, but because it's the middle of Winter here, and my home is not heated, I stayed in bed. As soon as I got up this morning I made the card.
Here is how I made it. First of all I drew through the inside of the actual spotlight stencil onto some masking paper. I carefully cut out the two pieces and put them to one side. I then placed the LS Lattice stencil on my card, taping it down so it didn't move, then I  placed the spotlight stencil over top. I then lightly brushed on some Violet LS ink. (I used an LS stamp pad)
Then I removed both stencils. I placed the spotlight stencil back on my cardstock, making sure it was in the correct place, so I could see the lightly inked pieces of the spotlight stencil.  I then stuck the 2 cut out masks back inside the spotlight stencil, making sure they were firmly attached to the card. Then I removed the solid spotlight stencil. 
I then placed the Lattice LS stencil over top of the cardstock, and brushed Violet LS ink  over the card. Once I was happy with the coverage, I removed the Lattice stencil. I then removed the sticky masks I had on the card.
Then I stamped Tilly and Tango, the LS mice, and the LS star circle, and the card was done!
I hope my instructions are clear enough, if not, just contact me and I will try to explain. So the creator of the original card like this, omitted to say she had made a mask for the spotlight stencil, and she refused to elaborate on how she made the card when I asked, twice. Well I am more than happy to share how I made my card, and I hope you have fun making cards like this! I will make some more cards like this, possibly in different colours. Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!

2 comments:

  1. Your card turned out great, Sunshine — and thanks for the instructions! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you truly had a lightbulb moment and it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!