Total Pageviews

Monday 17 April 2023

Gelli Plate Cards.

All of these cards are around 5 inches square. I watched a quick video by Tracey Dutton, who owns Lavinia Stamps, on making these cards, and was inspired to make some. I used a square gelli plate to make the backgrounds. Here's what I did: I used a brayer to roll on some LS Della Blue ink on to the gelli plate. Then I used my fan rush and carefully flicked on small splatters of various colours of mica infused inks, all from LS. Once I had done that, I carefully placed a piece of white cardstock on top of the gelli plate, and smoothed it over with my hand.  Then I lifted the cardstock up and the back ground was made.  You can see some back grounds I made further down in here.  It's a lot of fun and you never get the same patterns twice.
Once I had the back ground made I then chose the stamps I wanted and stamped them on to the card. I used a circle mask o make the moon and used a small stencil brush to brush on a small amount of Della Blue ink around the edge of the mask to get the moon shape. I stamped different words on each card, and added some glitter glue around the moon.
These are easy cards to make, and you could very quickly mass produce cards in this style.
These last four cards are the back grounds I made.  So quick and so much fun to do! 


Thanks for dropping by! Have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!