Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 December 2019

I Made My Own Stamp Shelves For $15!!

 Last Saturday I went to a local Santa Parade.  It was held at a small shopping area close by.  I felt for Santa in his red suit because it was a really stinking hot sunny day.  He arrived at the Parade on a Fire Engine.  Reindeer and a sleigh would not have worked because it's Summer and there's no snow!
There were lots of different things going on, Fairies blowing bubbles, Mickey and Minnie Mouse were there, clowns, all kinds of things going on.


Santa was really busy handing out gifts to all the kids and posing for photos.  He was a "fun" Santa and in between handing out gifts he was busy dancing!  It was a great day and I am so glad it was sunny as we had had some rain the day before the Parade. 

Below is some wood I bought yesterday.  I had measured it at home, drawn a sketch of what I wanted to make and then gone off to my local Mitre 10 Mega store to buy the wood.  I had the measurements and they cut the wood to size for me - no charge for that.  So I got busy putting my new Stampin' Up! storage shelves!  Below is the wood, all wrapped in plastic so I cold carry it home easily.
 Below are photos of the process of putting the two shelves together. I used wood glue which works perfectly.

 I used bottles of water to hold them together while the glue dried.
And here (below) are the two shelves I made!  I wanted something to hold my Stampin' Up! stamp sets so it is easier to see each set.  I am SO proud of myself for making these!  I measured the length, height and depth of how I wanted the shelves to be, and drew what they would look like and went to my local Hardware store.  They were very helpful and as I said, cut the wood to size.  It's a light wood, not sure what it is but it's also very strong.  How much did the two shelves cost me??  The sheet of wood cost me $15.86 (NZ), which is cheap when you think I got two shelves and I have some wood left over to make other things.  
I have room for my SU stamp collection to grow! The photo above shows the two shelves stacked on top of each other.  I am very happy with them, and can see myself making "other" things now!  I LOVE DIY!!
You can buy these shelves (or something similar) online here in NZ for a cost of around $45 and upwards.  They are similar to these, but certainly not as cheap as mine were.  My punch shelves (In another post somewhere, scroll back until you see them) are some I bought recently.  But they were more (way more!) expensive   than these were, and much smaller. 
Ok, I have also been doing some other craft stuff, such as the star below!
 Another Christmas card, below.  I used a Stampin' Up! stamp and die set called Embellished Ornaments.  
I have sent all my Christmas cards now, and just have a few NZ cards to send, and/or hand deliver.
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!