Total Pageviews

Thursday 26 December 2019

One Year Ago Today...

A year ago today, I was hit and run over by a woman on a huge mobility scooter.  The photo above shows one of my leg injuries I sustained at the time.  The photo below shows the scar I am left with today.   
I have had multiple visits to my GP since the accident, as I still have pain in my left hip, my feet and my knees.  I have had x-rays done and there are no bones broken, and yet the pain continues.  I still can't sleep on my left side because that hip is still sore.  My knee's are sore ad my left knee is continually swollen.  As well as that, I have this red rash (mostly) on my left ankle and lower leg.  That rash has been there since the accident.  (Photo below)  My GP has no idea why I am still in pain from the accident, has no idea what the red rash is, has no idea why feet are still swollen and has given me multiple answers as to why all this is happening.  
I am still very cautious of people on mobility scooters, and move right out of the way when I see one coming my way.
I am not as confident as I was when I am out and about anymore.  I am always conscious of people on mobility scooters, and find myself disappearing into shops if I see someone on a mobility scooter.  
It's been a long year of healing for me and I still have pain.  I just give tanks that I did not end up with any broken bones that day. 

Onto something more pleasant!  The photo below is of a sunrise early one morning recently.  Because of the terrible bush fires in Australia (just across the ditch from NZ) we get some of the smoke here.  It makes the sunrise really orange and smokey.  As the fires die down, the smoke will clear and the sunrise will be back to normal.  (Bright white)
Ok, so I hope everyone had a great Christmas!
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!