Total Pageviews

Saturday 28 October 2017

The Sky Is On Fire, and Vintage Lace Dies!

 I took these photos of the sky just as the sun was about to set one evening.  I happened to glance at the sky while I was putting away some dishes.  It looked as if the sky was on fire!
IRL the sky is a lot brighter than what you can see here.  The neighbours tree made a great silhouette against the sky!
I took these three photos in very quick succession, and literally milli-seconds later, the sky had turned  a dark grey and all the firey orange was gone!  You gotta be quick!  (And have your camera handy  and ready to GO!)
The 2 dies I used on this card are called "Vintage Lace" dies.  Yes, more ebay buys!  These were the most expensive so far...$3.96 NZD!!  I absolutely LOVE this set of (two) dies!  I have used the same die on the top and bottom of this card.  I used the second die to make the pink bit in the middle of the card.  It matches the bottom of the big die with all the vertical lines on.  SO much fun!!
 Here's a closeup of the bottom of the Vintage Lace die.  I added pearls and sparkly gems on top.
 And below is a closeup of the flowers and bow I added.  I also added a few bits of Arnold Grummer sparkly flake things.
Ok, that's all for awhile.  I have my hip replacement done on the 31st...three days, but whose counting?!   I am not sure how long afterwards before I feel up to crafting, but rest assured...I will be back!!  Knowing me I will have stashed something crafty to do in my bag, to take to hospital with me!
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-) 


1 comment:

  1. It is amazing at how fast the sky changes. You were lucky to have your camera ready. Your cards are gorgeous. Those dies were a great find. I'm wishing you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. You take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!