Total Pageviews

Thursday 14 March 2024

Drama's In Pajama's!

OMG, I've been out of action for the last few weeks.
Unfortunately I have been very unwell, and in and out of hospital multiple times. Not to mention back and forwards to see Doctors. I'm back home again now, and slowly getting back to my usual routine. I am very slow and my vision is a bit blurry, due to the medication I am on. That will settle down over the next few weeks. I had these cards made and ready to post but kept ending up in hospital. On top of that hiccup, they kept loading up in the wrong order this morning, so I had to re-loading them one at a time so they made sense. FrustratingšŸ˜£.
So here's the firs card, using Lavinia Stamps.
I used LS Multifarious cardstock, and a Distress Oxide stamp pad. I haven't tried this idea on other cardstock, so don't know how it  would work.
So here's what I did....I inked up the LID of the stamp pad...
...then 'stamped' it on the cardstock. Don't worry if the image is a bit patchy, it will be fine! 

I used a very wet paintbrush, and brushed the water UNDER the stamped image, and dragged the water down into the empty space. I  did this going all the way around this inside of the image, making sure the tip of the wet brush just barely touched the inked image. Keep wetting the square, dragging  the water down from the stamped square. The card will get quite wet, so keep the card on  flat surface. If you wet the stamped image from the outside (top) of the image, the ink will run on the outside of the image, which is not what you want. You just barely touch the wet brush under the stamped line.
Once I had done that, I used my Ranger Heat gun to dry the card. I used this because this heat gun is more gentle and doesn't blow the water off the card, as my Milwaukee heat gun does.
So this is what you will end up with. Hard to see in the photo, but the entire inside of the square now has a pale blue colour to it. Use whatever colour ink pad you like.
When you have finished all the above steps, stamp your chosen image inside the square. I also did a very feint bit of stenciling around the image.  Add sparkles if you wish! Then the card  is finished!  I made another one and backed the image onto a piece of black card. This technique is really simple and quick to make! I had heaps of fun making these cards! You can use any lid off any stamp pad to make these "Cubies"! 



These last two cards I made using a 6 inch square gel press. I inked the gel press in a pale pink distress oxide ink pad, blotted some ink off, placed an LS stencil on top , then placed my white card on top and rubbed it to get an image. Once I had dried that image, I stamped on top, and added the words.
I take ne responsibility for any spelling (or other) mistakes on this post!  The medication I am on scrambles my brain!  It will take me another week or so until my brain fog has gone - please be patient with me, lol!! As well as being in and out of hospital, I  have somehow injured my left hip, yes the hip I had the replacement in. It's kept me off my feet for the last nine days, and I'm having to take painkillers every five hours. Even though I sit on an orthopedic cushion, my hip is still very painful. I had x-rays done, and the hip joint is not fractured, just very painful. The pain wakes me around 4 am every morning, which means I feel like a zombie all day! Apart from all that, I am still here and slowly getting back into my crafting, which I have missed so much! 
Thanks for dropping by! Have a SUNSHINE day! Always be your authentic self and shine bright each and every day!


1 comment:

  1. It’s great to “see” you again, Sunshine! I love your cards - thanks for the instructions and tips. I still need to try using ink on my gel press. I’m sorry you’ve been unwell. Take it easy, and I hope you feel stronger and better every day.❤️ -Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!