Total Pageviews

Friday 15 March 2024

Another Card, and My House Not My Cat, Kind Of!

 Here's another card I made, using the technique in the previous post. They are so quick, and so much fun to make. You can make them with any shaped lid, have you tried this technique. I splattered the card with some brown Dinkles.  To keep the splatters off the Badger, I just placed the stamp over top of the image before I did the splatters. Oh yes, there's a "whoopsie" on here! I stamped the word 'Nature' too close to the Badgers foot. So I inked up the top of the letter "N" in white. Probably not the most creative idea I've ever had, but I couldn't think of anything else to fix it! Oh well!
This is "Wookie". She is not my cat, and she does not live here, kind of.  She belongs to my friends who live behind my place.  Last year she 'left home; and started visiting me. I had met her some time before, but this time she did not want to go home. My friends (who own her) had recently got two little dogs, ad "Wookie" does not like them. She's not scared of them, she just does not like them. She is a little skittish and when the dogs run at her (to play) she runs, which makes the dogs think it is a game. "Wookie" has other ideas. Long story short, I said I was happy to feed her, and that she was welcome here any time.  She does sometimes go "home" to visit her owners, but mostly she is here at my place. "Romeo" (my cat) loves her! 
At her "home" she has a cat door to get in and out when she likes. We don't have a cat door, but as you can see, "Wookie" comes in one of my dining room windows! I have the screen thing on the window so "Romeo" cannot get out. He has health issues and has to be an inside cat. But as you can see, "Wookie" can fit through the screen just fine! There is a large oblong pot planter about 6 inches below the window, and she jumps into there, then pops in through the window! I saw her one day and quickly snapped these photo's!
So, as Andrea said, I have been adopted by "Wookie"! I feed her and her owners drop food and flea treatments over for me to give her. If I didn't feed her, it's quite likely she would wander further afield. At least this way, my friends know she is loved, fed and cared for.  I enjoy her company, as does "Romeo", and they are good company for each other. 
Does anyone remember the "I Can Has Cheeseburger?" cats??! I do! This is "Wookie" doing her best, "I Can Has Cheeseburger" look, at me! And yes, I was eating a cheeseburger at the time, lol! Ever since I came out of hospital, I have had weird food cravings.  Cheese burgers was one, which is really weird because I don't eat take away food like this. It's been about 23 years since I last went to eat at McDonalds, up until recently. Take away food like this would normally make me very unwell, as I cannot tolerate fat/cream etc.
Anyway, I just thought I would introduce "Wookie", and tell you her story! She's about three and is such a sweetheart. She has the cutest purr, and a very tuneful "Mrrrp"!
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!

1 comment:

  1. I think you had a GREAT solution to fix the word on your card! If you hadn’t pointed it out, I wouldn’t have even noticed there was anything wrong. Wookie is adorable! And she’s lucky to have such a great second home. 😁

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!