Total Pageviews

Friday 22 March 2024

A Little Bit of Crafting!

I used Tombow water colour markers for the cad above (LS Fairy Bells). I inked up the stem with my Versafine Clair Nocturne ink pad first, then used the markers to colour the petals. Thats the only way I know how to colour them. If you know another way, please let me know! What you can't see, is there's some sparkly clear gel pen on the petals, and the Dragonfly.

I used white embossing powder on "Indra" (LS) above. However, after heat setting it, I discovered it is not a good 'white' powder at all. It's more f a vanilla/cream colour. I have since bought a Wow! Bright EP. I have yet to try it. I made the background using my Dinkles, then stamping some faded (LS) words over the background. I also used some Posca pens to draw some dots. Lastly I splattered the card with some gold paint, and added some water splatters. I think I went overboard and did too many! Whoops!
The card above uses2 of the new LS stamps, to make a butterfly. This card is much prettier in real life, sadly the colours are not showing up as the true colours. Those darn laptop gremlins have taken over my laptop:-( 
 I managed to make these 3 cards, in between a short trip back to hospital. Luckily they got things sorted quickly, so I was only there for around 10 hours. The worst part was, my new stamps had just arrived before I was whisked off to hospital. In spite of being very unwell, I just wanted to play with new stamps! It was torture knowing they were at home waiting for me to try them out! I can laugh about it now, but not at the time! On the card above, the frilly bit of the butterfly has ben stamped twice. Once to the left and then again slightly to the right. This makes up the butterfly wings. The head is a separate stamp. Hope that makes sense!  I lightly stenciled the corners of the card. Ok, that's it for me! Thanks for dropping by! Have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!

1 comment:

  1. I’m glad your latest hospital visit was short so your new stamps didn’t have to be alone for too long! 😁 These are all beautiful cards, Sunshine! For the first one, you could try stamping the whole image in a very light ink and then coloring over it with markers, colored pencils, etc.for a no-line coloring look.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!