Total Pageviews

Saturday 9 December 2023

Christmas Tree's and More!

These two photos are of Pohutakawa Trees growing nearby.  They are commonly known as New Zealand's Christmas Tree, because they flower around this time of year. They also grow close to some of our beaches as they quite like the sandy soil.  If they flower early in the season, it means that we are going to get a nice long dry hot summer - fingers crossed! These tree's are huge, think of an old Oak tree that's been there for a hundred years and that's the size of these. They have some yellow stamens in the middle of the flowers. Our beautiful Native bird, the Tui, loves these tree's and you can often hear them early in the morning calling to one another. 
I just wish I had been somewhere high up because I had to take these shots looking up to the tree's. 
Below are the new Layering Rulers from WRMK that I got recently. They help you make even spaced mats for your cards. Something I struggled with before I had these. Each ruler has a raised line that you hold against your card, so you can cut using a scalpel or exacto knife. I hope my explanation doesn't confuse you, I am not good at explaining things. I am much better at showing you. Below is the finished card with 2 layers of matting. (I need to finish colouring it)
The next photo show how I have matted it onto the pink card, and I'm now going to mat it onto the lavender card. The bonus is, if you put the card on to the lavender card, and it is crooked, it doesn't matter because when you place the ruler against it, and cut, you get a straight line.

The photo below shows my hand holding the ruler about to cut. There are raised lines on each side of each ruler, giving you different measurements so you can choose how wide you want each mat. Each raised line is there to hold the card from moving while you cut.

Below are the three rulers that you get in a pack. Each one has different measurements so you can decide how wide you want each mat. Apologies for the terrible photo, I should have turned the rulers over so you can actually read the numbers! Each ruler is 12 inches long. Oh gee, I am hopeless at explaining things in writing! I hope you can follow my explanation! Ask me for more details if you need to!  I absolutely LOVE these rulers, and fond them oh-so-easy to use! They have made my crafting a lot easier - no more crooked layering!

 Thank you for dropping by! Have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!



2 comments:

  1. Those are lovely trees! Thanks for showing and explaining the Layering Rulers -- I followed your explanation, and I agree that they look like a handy tool! - Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those trees are beautiful. How nice that they are blooming for you early. I think I might have a tool similar to that - might even be WRMK and I've forgotten about it. Now I'll have to take a look for them.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!