Total Pageviews

Tuesday 12 December 2023

Christmas Card for a Friend!


 I'm really pleased how this card turned out. It's very colourful and very sparkly with Judi-kins Diamond glitter on parts of it. I used my new Layering Rulers for the layers, but mucked up the last (glitter card) layer. It was thicker than I had expected and the ruler moved.  Uff da, things happen! To be often I am finding this Christmas really stressful. So many things have happened, such as being in hospital eight times, and not being well. On top of that, trying to get a small loan from WINZ (who pay my pension)to get a heat pump installed, and being told 'no' at every step. I've done everything they have asked, from getting a letter from my Doctor confirming my health issues and how living in a cold damp moldy home is detrimental to my health, and now they want copies of the Family Trust as this house is in a Family Trust with my brother and I. Firstly, I don't have all the papers because the Lawyer holds those. To get copies from him would mean I have to pay around $500 plus, which I refuse to pay. I cannot afford to pay that much. WINZ have accused me of financially gaining from the Trust, which is not true. The only thing I have 'gained' is a roof over my head. They have not been pleasant at all to deal with. I'm giving you the polite version here. I have jumped through so many hoops with Winz that I am sure I am now a qualified Circus performer! It's been going on since June and it has given me  SO much stress. I have made and sent cards to a few people who are special to me, but have not sent as many as usual. I'm just too stressed. My case about the loan has now gone from WINZ to a disputes tribunal, so now I have to wait and see what happens from there. I cannot do anymore with WINZ, so the Disputes Tribunal is now advocating on my behalf. Sorry about all this, but I am stressed! While I LOVE making and sending cards, this year I just can't do it.  However if you are reading this, then you are on my  card list and WILL receive a card from me!  Don't panic! Some people I care about more than others. Apologies for all this! Hope you enjoy my card! Thanks for listening! Thanks for dropping by! Have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card, Sunshine. I love the bright colors! Your heater situation sounds so frustrating - I hope it all works out for you, sooner rather than later. I’m finding this Christmas stressful, too. I’d say do the card-making/sending that your health and energy allow, and the rest can wait. -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear that you have been going through all that red tape and hassle. I hope that you can get the help that you need and put an end to your frustration. My cards all went out late this year - I totally understand the health thing getting in the way even with the best intentions.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!