Total Pageviews

Saturday 13 April 2013

"Owl Be Thinking of You!"

 Here are two "owls" I made today!  I found the instructions on www.homelife.com.au 
They are both about 6 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches in height.  I first made the felt owl using scraps of felt I had.  Instead of sewing him/her together, I used my hot glue gun.  Oh boy!  What a mess I got into!  Hot glue everywhere!  I even managed to get some in my hair!  Having long hair  it was a challenge to un-glue myself!  I will hand stitch the next one!  I want to enlarge the pattern & make them about 8 - 12 inches and use them as decorative cushions on my sofa.  You could stitch a piece of ribbon on the back of this and make it into a hanging mobile for kids!  Even put some scented powder inside it!  The possibilities are as endless as your imagination:-)
I lightly stuffed him with two layers of batting.  If you over-stuff him, he looks bloated!
Having accomplished that, I decided I could also make him into a card!  So here she is!
I cut the same pattern but used card instead of felt.  I used my Swiss Dots embossing folder on her wings and added as butterfly & heart to her.  I also changed the eyes on this owl.  This isn't a good photo as it came out too bright.
Okay, thank you for dropping by, {{HUGS}} from me to YOU:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!