Total Pageviews

Thursday 27 August 2009

"Pukeko"






These are some photo's I snapped while out walking the other day. He was sitting in a tree & when I came around the corner her flew off. I was surprised to see him in the tree as these birds spend a lot of time on the ground in swampy boggy areas as they like the wet. Next time I'll be more prepared & set the camera on the sports setting so the photo's are more clear! These Pukeko's are quite a big bird & they fly quite slowly. Very pretty blue feathers & a bright orange beak. I think they are a Native to New Zealand. I see them around here quite a lot. Thanks for visiting, have a great day:-)

1 comment:

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!