Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 May 2016

Experimenting With Glitter + Embossing Folders + Stencils!

 It's a messy job, but someone had to do it - so I did!  Here's how I did and what I used:  I used my glue pad on an embossing folder, on the under side of the top part of the folder. (Where the label usually is, and if the folder has no label, emboss a piece of scrap card to see which is the "raised" part of the embossing. This is the side of the folder you splosh your glue pad on.  Put a mark on the folder with a pen so you will know in the future which side to splosh your glue pad on.) I sploshed the glue pad all over the folder to make sure the entire folder was covered with glue. Then I put a piece of white card in the folder and run it through my Cuttlebug.  Once I had done this I took the card out and covered it with a white/clear glitter.  I shook off the excess glitter and then dried the piece of glitterd card with my heat gun.
  
It's very hard to see in these photo's, but it looks really sparkly and pretty IRL!  I tired to catch the sun on it so it sparkled but to no avail:-(  Instead of a glue pad, you can also use a clear embossing pad.  Mine needs more ink so I used the glue pad instead.  Works the same.  Try it!  And let me know how it went!
These two photo's (above and below) use a technique called double glittering.  This was a little more tricky than the embossing folder one.  I used a Christmas tree stencil for this one.  First of all I carefully rubbed some handmade soap (this is softer and easier to use than normal household soap) on the back of the stencil.  This stops the stencil sticking to the Jac paper. Then I cut a piece of JAC paper and stuck it to a piece of white card I had cut the same size as the stencil.  I placed the soap side of the stencil onto the Jac paper/card and pressed it down firmly.  Then I sprinkled gold glitter all over the stencil making sure the entire tree was covered.  I shook off the excess glitter and removed the stencil.  (Remember to wash it in warm water afterwards to remove the soap).  Once I had removed the stencil I then covered the rest of the card/Jac paper with white glitter.  Remove the excess glitter and you have a double glitterered card!
This is a close up of the Christmas tree once it is finished.  It's fun and messy, which makes it even more fun!
This is the stencil I used for the double glittered card.   I don't know which company it is from, sorry!  Thanks for dropping by today, I hope you left with a smile!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!