Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 April 2016

A "Blooming" Good Morning!

I made this card this morning after seeing a similar card on Pinterest.  I used my SU Botanical Builder dies for the flowers and the fern.  The DSP is also from SU and I stamped the coffee cup ring in pale blue ink onto the DSP.  I also stamped a small flourish stamp on the DSP.
You can see the coffee cup ring better in the photo below.  It is quite subtle, but there! 
I love making the flowers, as the dies are so versatile you can make them in so many different ways!
The bottom photo is a close up of the words I stamped on the side of the card.  I wanted small words that wouldn't detract from the flowers, which I perceive to be the main focal point.
 Below are some tiny treat bags (store bought @ $3 for 6 bags - I don't yet have a treat bag die but watch this space..) I embellished with some die cut flowers.
You may have noticed the one with the  mustard coloured flower is a bit shorter than the others?! That's because I miss-calculated when I die cut the half circle!  Oops:-(  You really have to concentrate on the job at hand and not be distracted by your cats who were both busy climbing the drapes to get a moth!! This lesson I learnt quickly!
The photo   above shows the tiny Banner die I have used, on top of the strip of flowery DSP that goes cross the bag.  

I made a small card to go inside each treat bag and stamped tiny flowers and leaves on each card.  These were so much fun to make!
I will let you in on a secret, but you have to promise not to tell anyone...I actually made these while I was in BED watching a movie on TV one night!!  I had all the bits die cut and ready to assemble, so that's what I did! The nights are getting colder here, now that we are into Autumn, and making cards after the sun goes down is not fun anymore!  
And if you hear me complain because there are random sticky dots in the bed...remind me of how they come to get there!!
Thanks for dropping by, {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!