Total Pageviews

Monday 26 November 2012

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall

I met Camilla the Duchess of Cornwall a few weeks ago when she & Prince Charles were in New Zealand.  I went into Auckland City to meet her. 
It was a terrible day weather-wise, it poured down three times while waiting to see her!  I had a raincoat with a hood but still managed to get wet!  It was very hard to get a decent photo of Camilla as she had an umbrella over her which had this big black band around the bottom.  It covered her face which made it hard to get decent photo's.  This was one of the best shots I got - not bad considering the weather & all the media surrounding her!  Before she arrived I was interviewed for one of the television channels!
I didn't get to see Charles as he was on the other side of the road.  I have photographed him before so I wasn't too disappointed.  I just shook hands with Camilla & said 'welcome to New Zealand'!  What else do you say when you have about 3 seconds?!  She was lovely & she has really soft hands!
Everyone had a good time in spite of the wet weather & the crowd was well behaved.
Thanks for visiting, {{HUGS}} from me to YOU:-)

1 comment:

  1. I think you got a great photo there. How lucky you were to shake her hand and get to speak. Were you chosen beforehand for that?

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!