Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 May 2024

Some More Zoo Animals, "Wookie", "Romeo" and Wilbur And A Useless Bus Shelter!

These two photos, above and below, are of Miss Wookie! I was holding my camera with one hand, and waving  piece of ribbon with the other hand. Not easy! She's so photogenic, and a bit of a poser too! She was in a card board box that she likes to play in!

This Elephant was so gentle with the two keepers. The keepers  kept themselves safe in a kind of open box thing that had metal bars to stop the Elephant harming them. Did you know, Elephants feet have built -in shock absorbers - pads of fatty fibrous tissue that cushions the impact of the foot on the ground? Most of the weight of the Elephant rests on the tip of their toes, and the fibrous pad under their heel. How amazing is that? It's like having your own built-in padded innersoles on your feet!
This beautiful Cheetah (above) freaked me out! Just as I took the photo, he turned and stared right at me! He looked agitated, and aggressive. Maybe too many people had been snapping photo's of him. There were a lot of young children around who were screaming and yelling. Maybe that annoyed him. Even though I shot this through some very thick glass, I felt anxious! Maybe I should have offered him some of my lunch?! 
Above is one of the Turtles at the Zoo. I love how they move so slowly, they seem so relaxed. I think we could take lessons from him! I'm sure Turtles are always relaxed! Below is a card I made this morning. On a white piece of LS cardstock, I brushed on 4 of the new Versafine Clair  ink pad colours. It took awhile as I wanted to build up the intensity of the colours, especially at the corners and edges of the card. I used all LS stamps/products. I stamped the Single Fairy Orchid stamp three times, and slightly curved the stem, once to the left and then again the right. I also stamped the Thistlecap mushroom stamp 3 times, and some smaller mushrooms on the other side of  the card. What you can't see is the clear sparkly gel pen on the flowers. (Frrrustrating!) I also stamped the open Thimbleweed LS stamp down the sides of the card. This too has sparkly gel pen on it. I used a small white circle of white Posca in the center of the flowers. When I was finished, I matted it on to a piece of pink card, and then on to a piece of purple card. I was trying to match the colours on the card.
Below is a photo of "Romeo" cuddled up to "Wilbur"! My soulmate won "Wilbur" for me when we were at Luna Park in Sydney. "Romeo" thought he would make a good cushion for his head!
Ok, here's my whinge for today...this is one of the bus shelters I wait at to catch my bus. About three months ago, someone smashed one of the large windows on the side of the shelter. So far, it hasn't been fixed. This piece of glass gets smashed on a regular basis. As you can see, the back of the shelter, is just open mesh. The side behind me is also a large panel of glass, still intact as I write this. The shelter is open at the front. The sides and back of the shelter are about 14 inches above the ground. If it rains, the seat you sit on gets wet. Very wet. The rain/wind comes in the sides, back and front of the shelter. This means you get wet where ever you stand. I stand there with my umbrella up to try and stay dry. It doesn't work. The wind blows the rain in at all angles. I'd LOVE to know who designs bus shelters? Do they every use them? They don't give you any "shelter", it's a joke. The other bus shelter across the road is the same. The old wooden bus shelter we used to have was brilliant! It actually gave you "shelter", and you never got wet. I want it back! Being an artist maybe I should offer to design a new bus shelter for them?! I'll get back to you on that...
Thanks for dropping by! Have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!