Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 March 2018

Treat Bag and Some Pretty Jars!

 I die cut one of the sayings from the paper below, and glued it to a piece of kraft coloured card.  From there I used the Banners Framelits die set from SU to make the banner piece and added a small pink button to finish it off. I glued the banner to the treat bag and it was finished!  I just thought the colours on the bag and the paper below matched so well!
The jars below are how I store my buttons, sequins, and other bits and pieces.  Previously I had them all in snap lock bags.  The challenge with the bags was, I had trouble opening them because of having arthritis in both thumbs.  It was often quite painful to get the bags open...and then I would drop the bag and scatter whatever was in it all over the floor or table!  The other issue was storing them.  I had them in drawers which meant I have to rifle through each draw to find what I wanted.  By the time I found it, I had lost interest in what I was going to do! 

So!  I decided to store things like sequins, buttons and other stuff, in jars!  I have lots of clean jars without labels on, so I began to transfer the sequins etc into different jars.  It all started a few weeks ago when I bought a bag of sequins.  (Actually they are not sequins, they don't have the hole in the center, but look just as good as sequins.)  The jar on the far left of this photo below is what started the jar thing off.

So I got busy putting all the buttons I had into different jars. Some of the jars I have, don't have lids, so I didn't use those ones. 
I can now see at a glance what I am looking for, be it buttons, sequins or something else.  The jars are much easier and less painful for me to open too. Below is the jar of sequins that started the jar thing off.  They were in a bag when I bought them, but this jar was sitting on the desk so I put them in there and thought how pretty they look in a jar, rather than in a plastic bag! 

Below is a close up of the sequins.  I use some anti-static powder on my hands BEFORE I touch the sequins so they don't stick to my hands.  My anti-static powder is from "Faiths Little Miracles", and I have literally had it for YEARS!!  It lasts a very long time!

Below are two small slim glass containers I got from the $2 Shop one time.  Not really knowing why I bought them, just knowing I would use them for "something"!  The jar on the right has some tiny flower shaped sequin things I bought from somewhere.

 
Thanks for dropping in, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS from me to YOU:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!