Total Pageviews

Monday 26 March 2018

Auckland Pasifika Festival # 2

These are some more photos I took at the Pasifika Festival.  In the top photo, left top, is a head piece I made which I wore to the Festival.  I got some flowers from the $2 Shop and made them into a head band to wear.  Top right are some ear rings I bought at the Festival, and bottom left are the beads I bought.  There was also a few rides and things for the kids to do.  My favourite ride is the Tea Cups and Saucers!  I went on that ride when I visited Disneyland a few years ago!  It was something I had always wanted to do:-)
The weather on Sunday was much hotter and more sunny than it was on Saturday.  And no sign of rain anywhere, even though it was predicted.  I used my umbrella as a sun shade!  I'm so glad I went back again on Sunday, as there was so much to see that one day wasn't enough.  Western Springs, where the Festival was held, is a 64 acre park with a huge lake in the middle of it.  There are multiple pathways around the grounds and it is a great place to go to unwind and relax.  Lots of grassy areas to sit and have a leisurely picnic.
 There is lots of bird life in and around the lake, such as Pukeko, which is is Native, as well as Teal, Australian Coots, Shovelers and various kinds of ducks, Geese and Swans. I am scared of the Swans, they can be very nasty if they want to!  Having been chased  by them years ago, I respect them and give them plenty of room!  There are fish and eels in the lake.  Right next to the Park is MOTAT - Museum Of Transport  and Technology.  Around the outside of Western Springs runs an old Tram that goes from MOTAT to the Auckland Zoo, which is situated on the far side of Western Springs.  On the City side of Western Springs is the Auckland Speedway, which I have been to many times!  
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!