Total Pageviews

Sunday 18 March 2018

Bunnies, Birds, Butterflies and CRICKETS?!

I made this tiny bunny using 2 Lawn Fawn dies sets.  One set makes the bunny and the other set makes a tiny box to put him on. While I had fun making this, I'm not sure if I will make any more as I found it too fiddly and difficult.  The top photo is front on, the photo below shows him from the side.
Below is the bunny-box from behind.  You can see his cute little tail!  The bunny face is about 1 1/2 inches by 1 7/8.  The box is 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches, by 1 inch in height.  Quite tiny and not easy (for me) to make with sore thumbs. 
I coloured the bird (below) using some pencils that show up on black or dark coloured card.  I "forgot" I had these pencils until I cleaned out a draw and "found" them!  They are fun to use!  The stamp is from "Fern Gully" in Australia.  The bird  printed on top of the stamp shows the bird facing to the left, but when you stamp it the bird is actually facing to the right- very confusing!  I re-stamped the bird onto some scrap paper , cut it out and glued it to the top of the stamp so I know which way it really stamps. 
 The butterfly card below is made using a cling mounted stamp from "Stamp-It" Australia.  The border is from an old clear stamp set and I 'curved' the stamp when I put it on my acrylic block so it would go around the corners of the card.  It came out a bit messy, but I like it!  
The butterfly has some clear glitter gel pen on its wings, and I added some sparkly star sequin things to the card.  The card is kind of a 'post card' type, you can write on the white panel at the back of the card. 
Okay!  Lets talk about CRICKETS!!  I hate them, I am scared of them, and I am not keen on any kind of bugs/insects.  As long as they keep out of the house I'm ok.  (usually!) But because we have had such a long dry hot/humid summer, the crickets are breeding like rabbits...and are invading peoples houses by the 100's.  Mine included:-(  I am constantly finding them and having to get rid of them. (You don't need to know the graphic details!) I had one in the bedroom last night and at 2.40 am it woke me up with it's shrill 'chirping'.  I got up and spent a good half an hour or more trying to find the darn thing.  I failed miserably:-(  It's still there as far as I know.  I only hear them at night.  I found two very much alive crickets in my kitchen sink when I got up this morning and went to make a cup of tea!  Not funny!  And I have discovered that screaming and yelling at the cats to "get them" does not work!  They sit up on the table watching them but don't catch them.  i'm not sure who is more afraid of them, me or the cats!  So I didn't get a lot of sleep last night and am feeling the effects of it as the day wears on.  I HAVE to get rid of that cricket BEFORE I go to sleep tonight!  Wish me luck!   It has been on the news on tv that heaps of people are inundated with crickets coming into their homes...I wish I WASN'T one of them!  Deep *sigh*.
Thanks for dropping in, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)


1 comment:

  1. Crickets can be annoying, but I've heard that having them in the house is good luck. I don't know who the good luck is for though. That's a cute bunny box and I love the bird.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!