Total Pageviews

Friday 13 April 2018

Owl Card

 I'm still not feeling well with a sore throat, so I'm not doing much crafting at the moment.  However I was inspired to make this quick and easy Owl card after seeing something similar on the internet!  Wow, talk about super quick and easy!  I just punched a circle of red card, and then cut into it with the same circle punch to make the ears.  I cut out a pink circle in the same size as the owl and then cut into it so I got the pink piece for his tummy. I embossed that piece using my Swiss Dots embossing folder.  For his feet I punched out the bottom piece of the SU Owl punch so I had a half circle with his feet attached.  I glued that to the back of the red circle for his feet.  More circles for his eyes and a red heart from another SU punch and he was pretty much ready to go!  As I said, a super quick card!  The word sentiment is from a "Crafters Companion" stamp set.  Oh, and I used some of my paint sample flowers I made recently.  
We are still getting really strong wind at times, as well as very heavy rain over night.  There are still 17,000 homes without power 3 days after the storm and there are still tree's down as well as power lines down.  And I still haven't found the other pieces of the smashed bird bath.   My neighbours are coming over the weekend to chop up their fallen tree on my place, and it's going to take the whole weekend I think. We do have the sun, but OMG, it is COLD!  The temperature has dropped dramatically:-( It's winter clothes for me today!  Even the cats want woolly blankets at night, and sunny window ledges during the day!  Me too!
Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)

1 comment:

  1. It takes me a bit to remember that you're on opposite season's as I am. Although spring here has so far been very cold. I hope you start to feel better soon. Lot's of hot tea!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!