Total Pageviews

Monday 2 April 2018

"Nippy Twinkles" and "Romeo-Valentino!"

"Who is Nippy Twinkles" I hear you ask?!!  He is my snowman on my Christmas cards!  Yep,  I gave him a name!  Anyhow, I made another four snowmen cards today, and this time I did them on a production line.  I made four cards. Above  is how they started.  Below is the next step, putting faces on them.
The next step (below) was making the hats an adding the star on the hat, and the snowflake on "Nippy's" scarf!  "Snow" much fun 😊!!
And here (below) is how I made his hat.  I used two SU punches.  I punched the tag, then rounded the corners of one end with my corner rounder, then punched out the long slot piece (not sure what that punch is called)...

 And glued it to the cut away edge of the tag and hey presto I have a hat for "Nippy Twinkles"!  Sooooo easy and quick! I did each step on all the four cards at the same time.
Below is the finished card, with the "Merry Christmas" (SU stamps set) tag.  Each snowman has a different coloured "Candi" on his snowflake.
Some of the stars on his hat are different colours too.

Some of the cards look as if they are cut crooked, they aren't, it's just the way I have them propped up to photograph them.  The card I used is a really nice iridescent tan colour, and it's a firmer card than I usually use.  I got it cheap from "Gordon Harris Art Supplies" in Newmarket one day.  I just liked the colour and it is something different to what I normally use.
Okay, so there are all my latest "Nippy Twinkles" I made today! 😊 I am doing well in getting my Christmas cards done early this year!  I thank Andrea  😊for the inspiration for this, she is making her 2018 Christmas cards and it got me inspired to start mine.  It's such a stressful time in the month leading up to Christmas, that I wanted to get a head start this year!  Please jump over to Andreas blog, I know you will enjoy her crafting as much as I do!  Thank you Andrea! πŸ’™
Here below is "Romeo-Valentino" lying on my art desk.  He's knocked down some plastic Easter Eggs from my "Peter Rabbit" display, and they just happened to roll right by his bum!  NO he didn't lay Easter Eggs!  The green egg slowly rolled towards the edge of the desk...
 
...And he was not too happy about it so he kicked his other back leg and made ALL the eggs roll round!  A video would have been hilarious as he kicked all the eggs, and he went one way and the eggs went on the floor!  Needless to say, I cracked up laughing!  It was so funny to see the look on his face when the eggs rolled everywhere!  I think he's had enough of Easter for one year!
What do you call a group of snowmen???  Well, if they were here in Titirangi right now, I wold call them "Puddles", or "Slushy," because it has been so hot they would have all melted!  Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day!  {HUGS} from me to YOU:-) πŸ’œ

2 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks for the shout-out, Sunshine! 😁 And that’s a great tip for making the hat with the two punches. That long slot-like punch is called the Word Window punch - it’s a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that name - "Nippy Twinkles". Doesn't production line creating make it go so much faster when you are doing multiples? I had to laugh at your Easter Kitty - it does look like he laid the eggs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!