Total Pageviews

Friday 27 September 2024

A Card, A Hospital Visit and Something Funny!


I had another hospital stay recently. I'm back home and slowly getting my life back on track. The photo above was taken when I was still in the Emergency Department. They were giving me IV fluids because I was so dehydrated, as well as some other drugs I needed. The photo below is the funny one! Some of the medications are quite strong and make me a bit doo-lally. Looking at the signs on the door to my bathroom, I couldn't figure out what the last symbol was! I could figure out the male/female sign, but the last one I thought...was it a UFO taking off or landing?!! After some time I got it...it was the sign for the shower! With all the drugs I'd been given, things were not making much sense to me! Anyhow, I thought it was funny, and once I got it, I had a bit of a giggle to myself! Luckily I was in a private room, so no-one else was there to wonder why I was giggling. Thankfully, in spite of not being well and feeling like bleh, I still had my sense of humour!
The card below was inspired by one Eileen Godwin had made. The stamp is called "The Green Man", and is from Lavinia Stamps. It's a stamp I never thought I would buy, because I didn't like it. I had seen many cards made with it, but didn't like them. I didn't like how they had been coloured in. That was, until I saw Eileen's video. I first used red and orange Elements ink over the LS Stencil (Abstract), and then stamped 'The Green Man' over the top. Lastly stamping the two Hares, also LS stamps. I also stamped the Lavinia Stamps stamp, as Eileen had done. I really like how this card turned out, and am really surprised how much I like 'The Green Man' stamp! All the cards I had seen using him, I just didn't like. They had all coloured in TGM, and it just didn't look right. (To me, anyhow.) This was a quick card to create. I think I might do some more like this, using different colours and stencils for the background.

Thanks for dropping by! Have a SUNSHINE day! Remember to always be your authentic self, and shine bright each and every day!



 

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you a speedy recovery. And reminding you to drink more - something I'm guilty of myself sometimes. Good that you got your giggle while dealing with healing. I like that card and what you've done with that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all your wonderful comments and get well wishes Lorraine! Unfortunately the dehydration is from my health issues, and not because I wasn't drinking enough. But you have given me a good reminder any way. With Summer coming I will make sure my water bottle is always near by! Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can totally see how that sign looks like a UFO. Ha ha! Your card is cool, too. I think the stenciling behind The Green Man looks great. I have to remember to try stamping over stencil backgrounds. I hope you are getting stronger every day! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!