Total Pageviews

Tuesday 22 September 2020

Tuesdays Dabblings!

I made the background on the card above using a writing grid.  I brushed different colours onto a piece of white cardstock using different coloured stamp pads. Then I die cute the sentiment and attached it to the striped card using sponge tape.
If you look closely at the oval below, you will be able to see that the blue colour has a sort of bubbly look.  I die cut a piece of water colour card and then sploshed on some very wet blue paint. Then I sprinkled on some dry uncooked rice, and left it to completely dry.  Once it was dry I carefully brushed off the rice.  It leaves this kind of bubbly look.
I am waiting on a new snowman stamp to arrive and I will stamp him in the middle of the  oval.  THANK YOU to ANDREA B for this amazing technique!  She sent me a card and she had sued this technique.  She explained how she did it, so of course I had to try it!!  It's loads of fun!
I die cut a star shape on some scrap card, then lay it over a piece of white card and taped it so it didn't move.  Then I brushed on some pale lilac colour so I ended up with the star shape on the card.  I stamped the words in the center of the star shape using my Tim Holtz Stamp Tool.  I can't stamp without this amazing tool!  I drew around the outline of the star using a sparkly gel pen - hard to see on here.  I added a single clear glass droplet.  I adhered the white card to a gold card and then onto a folded blue card.  For me it was a clean and simple card.  I struggled with it because I love my bling!

These next three cards, below, are some more paper napkin cards.



And lastly I played around with some shaving cream and ink refills!  Wow, I haven't used this technique for a very long time! This card is much prettier than it looks here.  I used some Ken Oliver gold ink and some blue and pink ink.  It was messy and fun!
Okay, that's it for today!  Thanks for dropping by, have a SUNSHINE day! {HUGS} from me to YOU:-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I love to hear from you so please feel free to leave me a comment, or ask a question or two! Thank you, hugs from Sunshine, Bella-Rosa and Romeo-Valentino - my two "supervisors"!